Improving your life doesn’t mean you have to make a lot of earth shattering changes and you don’t have to do them all at once. Try doing one or two of these things and then add to it as you begin to notice how a few “better” choices can help you feel great and improve your outlook on life.
- EAT BETTER – Rather than going to a drive-through or eating something out of a can or box, start eating whole foods in the right proportions. Fresh fruits and vegetables, low-fat dairy, lean meat, whole grains and other healthful choices can have a very big impact on your overall health. Learn to limit the size of your meals. Remember, it’s always better to eat less, but more frequently. Three small meals a day combined with a few healthy snacks can help you lose weight, maintain health and simply feel better.
- MOVE AROUND – Start working out about an hour most days of the week. Keep in mind that working out doesn’t mean you have to go all out at the gym. Pick a few things you find enjoyable and give them a go to see a real difference in your life. If you haven’t been off the couch in years- take it slow, start with 20 minutes a day and build- make physical exercise part of your daily routine.
- SLEEP MORE – Getting at least eight hours of peaceful sleep is essential for the body, mind and soul. If you have trouble sleeping, picking up the exercise habit and eating right can combine to help a great deal.Remove your TV from the bedroom, turn off the cell phone , and make your room as dark as possible. The TV habit is tough to break, but you will sleep much better.
- DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS – Getting plenty of water during the course of each day is essential for health. Keeping the body hydrated can improve your physical status and better prepare you to tackle your daily routine and exercise, too. Get in the habit of drinking a big glass of water as soon as you wake up and carry water with you the rest of the day.
- IMPROVE YOUR SELF IMAGE– Working to adopt a healthy, positive attitude can assist you in everything you do. Learn to listen to your inner-speak and weed out the negative thoughts. The more positive you are about yourself and the world around you, the more likely it is you will attain your goals and even surpass them. If you have negative people in your life, tell them that you will no longer let them bring you down. This is YOUR life- make it a great one!
If you’re ready to change your life, start small and stay positive.